If one of your tenants is moving out, and there are other tenants remaining or the tenant is being replaced, it is possible to manage this within your Rent Now tenancy with OpenRent.
However, we can only accommodate this by setting up a new tenancy through Rent Now. Here's how it works.
How do I change the tenants through Rent Now?
1. Duplicate your listing by clicking 'Re-list' next to the relevant tenancy here:
You can edit your listing prior to publishing.
2. Ask your tenant to apply for the property using the green Rent Now button and we will take you through the process.
3. Request referencing on any new tenants. You can:
- skip the referencing step if you don't want to reference any tenants
- just reference the incoming tenants, or
- ask to have all tenants referenced
It's up to you.
4. Issue the new contract, and wait for all parties to sign.
5. Return the deposit from the previous tenancy. Please treat this as if an entirely new set of tenants were moving in. Any deductions for the tenancy that is ending need to be made from the relevant deposit and you should consider the need for a Check-out Inventory.
You can fill out the deposit repayment form directly from:
You will have received an email from the DPS this time last year with your repayment ID, you also gave us your DPS Landlord ID that you will need to be able to log in. If you are unable to locate your DPS email, you can contact the DPS directly for assistance:
Please note: We strongly advise against refunding the deposit for your current tenancy until you have signed a new agreement with the new set of tenants. Not doing so could result in tenants being in the property with no contract, which puts you at risk.
6. We will contact the tenants with payment details and request the deposit and first month's rent for the new tenancy.
We will be collecting the deposit to re-protect it as well as a month's rent as a part of our standard process. We'll also deduct the cost of Rent Now from the first month's rent.
You can agree with the tenants what amount they need to pay and when, however we need to receive the full balance before the move-in date. We confirm to all parties via email once we have received this.