You might be writing your property description for the first time and wondering how best to show off your property. This depends on which type of advertising you have chosen for your property, but all descriptions should include:
1. Overview of the state of the property.
2. Details of local shopping, restaurants and entertainment. This will help tenants get a better feel for your property and immediate area.
3. Any details not on the 'Add listing' form but that would be of interest to prospective tenants. (E.g. "property has recently been refurbished throughout".)
If you've chosen to advertise on OpenRent only, then you can include your contact details and your name (if you want to) and any other relevant information about the property itself. There is a safety restriction on including the full address, but feel free to mention the street name and first half of the postcode.
This option advertised your property on OpenRent plus all of our partner portals. If you'd like your description to reflect exactly as you've written on your 'Add Listing' page, please follow these guidelines:
- No ALL CAPS sections (bold is better suited)
- No links/urls
- No personal contact details (phone numbers / email)
- Reasonable spelling/capitalisation and number of paragraphs
- No first-person references (e.g. I am renting my spacious 2 bed)
- No references to agents (e.g. no agents)
- No full property address (e.g. door number, full postcode)
If you include any of the above, you may risk your description not being shown by the portals with the rest of your property details. This is due to the portals' own requirements.
This article explains why the portals may not be advertising your description and photos, and how you can set your preference to only advertise with your complete property details.
If you have no idea where to start, then we can automatically generate an optimised description for you, using the details you've already entered in the mandatory sections of the listing form.
Just need press 'Add description later'. you can always come back and edit it at any time.
We've also created an example for you to read through below:
A two bedroom, recently converted ground floor flat in a Victorian terraced property is available to rent on the 1st January.
The property is located on a quiet, residential street but is just a five minute walk away from the bus stop and train station, and ten minutes to a number of bars and restaurants. It also has a handy corner shop at the end of the road, and cosy local pub within a two minute walk away.
- 30 minutes to Waterloo
- 5 minute walk to the bus stop and main line station
- 10 minutes from local shops and amenities
The property makes for the perfect home for a couple or friends sharing. Two double bedrooms are located on the first floor of the property, with wardrobes and beds included.
There is also one main family bathroom on this floor that has been recently re-tiled with a waterfall shower over bath.
The huge open plan kitchen / diner on the ground floor makes this the heart of the flat, with a built-in breakfast bar and stools included, as well as space for a dining table and chairs. The kitchen benefits from ample storage and cupboard space, fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher.
Modern touches like double glazing and underfloor heating throughout, combined with original Victorian features like working fireplaces really shows off this property’s character.
The garden area has recently been paved over for easy maintenance, and includes a garden table and chairs set, which are stored in the secure shed over the winter months. There is also room in here for bike storage.
Outside there is on-street parking for two cars, with allocated permits available for purchase directly from the council.
- Two double bedrooms
- One bathroom
- Garden and parking
- Bills Exclusive
- Close to public transport and amenities
- Fibre Optic Broadband available
References will be required, along with a security deposit equivalent to one month’s rent.
We hope this provides some useful guidance on creating the ideal description for your property, good luck!