If you rent a property using our Rent Now service, these would be the steps:
- First, talk to the landlord of the property to ensure they are happy for you to begin Rent Now. Contact them from their property listing on OpenRent to ask questions or book a viewing.
- Place a holding deposit through our website, pressing the green Rent Now button on the advert page.
- Referencing (optional - the landlord can skip this if they prefer)
- Contract-signing (done online)
- Payment of the full balance of the deposit and first month's rent.
At each stage, we let you know exactly what is required next, so you're in safe hands! You'll be guided through the whole process.
Referencing takes an average of 3-5 working days, but the rest of the process is done online so moves as quickly as the parties involved.