You can use Rent Now to set up a tenancy even if you don't need us to market your property. For example, if you have already found tenants and just want to use us to create your tenancy, or if you are moving an existing tenancy onto our platform. You'll need to create a listing, and prompt your tenant to place the holding deposit of one weeks rent to begin the process.
- First create a free advert for your property.
- Ensure this is published so that it appears on the OpenRent site. You can pause your listing should you wish to at this point to ensure you do not receive any enquiries.
- Once your advert is live, ask your tenants to click the Rent Now button on your advert and place a holding deposit to initiate the Rent Now process. You can send them the URL of your listing so they can find the listing, if you have paused it.
We can also prompt your tenant to place the deposit via email if you'd like. On the listing success screen press to view your listing...
...and then press "View All" to go to the tenant enquiries page.
Here you can enter the tenants details - we would need their full name, email and phone number.
Once you have pressed the green "Add Enquiry" button, and clicked onto the enquiry, you can then press the green "Request Holding Deposit" button and we will email the tenant with the next steps for them to place the holding deposit.
- The payment of the holding deposit initiates the Rent Now tenancy creation process.
- The charge for using Rent Now is simply deducted from the first month's rent when we pay this on to you.