Once your contract has entered the last two months of the fixed term the landlord will be able to add and remove tenants and guarantors as part of the renewal process.
Step By Step Guide:
- Select the relevant tenancy that you'd like to update https://www.openrent.co.uk/listingmanager/rentnowmanager
- Click "See Renewal Options" and confirm that you want to renew the tenancy
- Select the option to "create a new tenancy"
- Remove a tenant or guarantor by clicking the red "Remove" button next to their name. You can add tenants and guarantors by clicking the blue "Add Tenant" or "Add Guarantor" button.
- You'll have the option to make any other changes to the contract
- Confirm all changes and issue the new contract
- We'll email any former tenants to confirm that they are no longer part of the tenancy and invite any new tenants or guarantors to create an OpenRent account
- Once all tenants, guarantors and co-landlords named on the new contract have signed we'll invite you, as the lead landlord, to sign
- The new contract will now be in effect.
Handling the Deposit:
After any change to the tenants named on the contract you will also need to ensure that the deposit protection record is updated.
We've created a helpful guide for you which takes you through this process for both our new deposit protection provider, MyDeposits, and our previous provider, the DPS:
Can I change the landlord on the tenancy agreement?
No, landlords are not currently able to to remove themselves, or any co-landlord signatories, from the tenancy agreement through our Renewals service.
If there is a change to the named landlord(s) on the tenancy agreement we'd advise you to create a new tenancy.
What if I need to change a tenant, or guarantor, outside of the renewal period?
At the moment landlords can add, or remove, tenants and guarantors once the tenancy enters the final two months of the existing fixed term.
If you need to add, or remove, a tenant or guarantor, outside of this period we'd advise that you create a new tenancy agreement.
Any More Questions:
If you'd like any more information on adding and removing tenants and guarantors to a tenancy agreement please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our customer support team will be happy to help.